Dr. Troy C. Van Biezen DC, BPE, NASM-PES, TPI-CGFI
Dr. Van Biezen’s extensive knowledge combined with his experience as a professional athlete provides his patients with the most comprehensive and integrative approach to evaluating, treating and rehabilitating from injuries.
His knowledge and expertise for treating injuries and improving sports performance is known locally and nationwide. Athletes throughout North America have sought out Dr. Van Biezen’s expertise to help them recover from injury and improve their performance.
Dr. Van Biezen travels throughout the country teaching health care professionals on Functional Assessment of the Athlete, Injury Care and Enhancement of Sports Performance.
In the office, he treats active individuals as well as professional athletes including athletes from the NFL, AFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, PGA and Web.com Tour. He also treats National and Olympic ranked Gymnasts and Track and Field athletes.
His mission is to provide the highest quality, individualized treatment that yields the fastest results. Period! If you have tried other treatments without success, set up a consultation with Dr. Van Biezen.
Dr. Van Biezen has been frequently profiled by local media and national publications. Most recently profiled in Golf World, Golf Week, Avid Golfer, DFW Links and Dallas Morning News.
- Chiropractor for the PGA Tour.
- Chiropractor for the Professional Arena Football Team; Dallas Desperados.
- Active Release Doctor for the Dallas Stars.
- Titleist Performance Institute Medical Professional Level 2.
- Chiropractor for the National Champion Junior Hockey Team; Texas Tornadoes.
- Chiropractor for the Triple AAA Midget Hockey Team; Dallas Stars.
- Certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Performance Enhancement Specialist.
- Board Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Has been practicing in the DFW metroplex since 1997.
- Member of the American Chiropractic Sports Council and National Football League Professional Chiropractic Society.
- Member and Instructor for Professional Sports Care.
- Sports Biomechanics Certified*
*This provides Dr. Van Biezen valuable insight regarding his patients problems by observing their movements patterns to determine muscular imbalances, restrictions and weakness’ that will result in improper biomechanics causing decreased sports performance, which will lead to an injury. Once a biomechanical problem has been revealed, Dr. Van Biezen will prescribe an individualized treatment plan for pain relief, optimal health, and enhanced sports performance.
While working as an ART Elite Provider, Dr. Van Biezen consulted and worked with major corporations on prevention and treatment of “acute trauma injuries” and “cumulative trauma disorders”. He has been very successful in resolving injuries such as Sprains/Strains, Sciatica, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tennis Elbow, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, etc. through Active Release treatments; which has dramatically reduced the cost of work injuries for their respective companies.
Dr. Van Biezen was raised in Canada and attended the University of Calgary where he completed his bachelor’s degree in Physical Education while playing junior/college hockey. After completing his degree, he played professional hockey in Europe and upon retirement moved to Dallas to obtain his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from Parker College.